Juan Manuel Marquez trainer Nacho Berestain, shrugging off criticism of his “you’re winning” advice to Marquez that may have cost his fighter a win against Manny Pacquiao, was quoted on Friday as saying that the Marquez camp will not consider a rematch with Manny Pacquiao for less than a guaranteed purse of $25m.
“That only shows that they realize Juan Manuel had a clear win over Pacquiao. Otherwise, they wouldn’t show this much interest [in making a fourth fight],” said Beristain, according to boxingscene.com
“They have Pacquiao, the goose who lays the golden eggs and produces a lot of money, but this past Saturday he became a plucked chicken,” he added.
Beristain also said they may still file a suit against the judges who awarded Pacquiao the majority decision. “We want to do that because there is a precedent in New York, where the court decided to root out corrupt judges for life. They are judges who had their licenses canceled forever,” he said.
Two of the judges scored the bout 115-113 and 116-112 in favor of Pacquiao. The other judge saw the fight even at 114-114.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed
- Betty White, National Treasure, Just Turned 95; 10 Great Video Clips from 1954 until Now