“Opulence, I has it.” By now everyone has seen this commercial, and I suspect there are plenty of people who have come to hate it …. but sitting on the couch I have always found myself looking up from my laptop and watching when this commercial comes on, and this morning after pondering the fact that I’m sort of a fan — I googled “direct tv russian commercial” and found out that’s pretty much gone viral and has a following, so I’m not alone. The things that particularly tickle my funny bone are the dogs playing poker at the beginning, the mini-giraffe (the idea for which comes from a real Russian joke), and the voice of the girl at the end inviting you to call 1-800-DIRECTV.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Arsha Sellers — Today I’m One Big Step Closer to Becoming a Real Forever Dad
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed