Every once in awhile there’s a pop culture moment that just won’t quit, and one of those happened lately when “General” Larry Platt appeared at the Atlanta Auditions for American Idol. They saved him for last, and because he’s over the age limit of 28 (he’s 62) he’s not continuing as a contestant but that’s hardly the point. His hilarious audition went instantly viral, and within days he found himself on The View, school-teachers started playing it and having their kids sing it, Brett Favre had the Minnesota Vikings doing it, and the wonderfully absurd truth is that the “pants on the ground” phenomenon might even mark the beginning of the decline of popularity of the famous “sag” pants style.
Here’s the original audition, 3.5M views to date
The covers began almost instantaneously. Here’s the top cover version so far with 275,000 views. It’s by Brent Morgan.
And here’s my favorite 4 year old Owen’s version:
There are hundreds of others, some hilarious. Here’s the Youtube page where you can wander through them if you have time on your hands.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Arsha Sellers — Today I’m One Big Step Closer to Becoming a Real Forever Dad
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed