In Hollywood they’re always talking about “subtext” — well, here’s the subtext of the Penn State scandal and it’s pretty depressing. As they begin to dig and dig into this situation, what is going to emerge is that a lot of people in the Penn State football program knew that Sandusky was bad news starting in 1998 when an investigation happened and he admitted to showering with young boys and touching them in appropriately. Consider the following:
- Sandusky was told by Paterno in 1998 that he would not be the successor.
- Shortly thereafter he retired at a still robust age of 55. He was the assistant coach who had won “Best Assistant Coach” in the US twice; he had studied under the great Paterno; he had all kinds of opportunity to get a head coaching job somewhere. But he didn’t? Why?
- Paterno didn’t even attend Sandusky’s retirement bash other than to give a one minute speech that was bereft of any accoloades.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Arsha Sellers — Today I’m One Big Step Closer to Becoming a Real Forever Dad
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed