At a time when watching the news is just painful because of 24/7 coverage of the debt ceiling fiasco, Shree Bose popped up on a CNN report and totally inspired me with the story of how the 11th grader won the Grand Prize at the first ever Google Science fair with a Science Project that has actually advanced the war on cancer and will save lives. How incredibly awesome is that? Her project studied a particular chemotherapy drug and analyzed how cancer cells become resistant to the drug. She was able to isolate a protein that plays a role in the resistance, and devise a strategy for avoiding the problem caused by the protein. (That’s my rough translation — better to listen to Shree describe it below. This was before she won — just one of the many contestants. Now that she’s won, she’s doing interviews on CNN, etc, so google her and you may find something better.)
It is just so refreshing and encouraging to know that with all the dismal stuff going on, there are few people out there doing amazing things. Shree is one of them.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Arsha Sellers — Today I’m One Big Step Closer to Becoming a Real Forever Dad
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed