I wrote a post over the weekend on the Philppine American War, and this got me to thinking (and hence googling) looking for videos of old, colonial Manila. Here is a compilation of the videos I found. Great stuff. The first one is a photomontage set to some Pinoy folk that sounds like Asin to me, but I can’t quite recognize the song (help?). The next two are photomontages put together by Filipinos and have beautiful kundiman music — tugs at your heart. The last two are American newsreels and show more — it’s better to just turn off the sound if you don’t want to be annoyed (regardless of whether you’re Filipino or American, the narration is annoying). Interesting from a social history pont of view.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Arsha Sellers — Today I’m One Big Step Closer to Becoming a Real Forever Dad
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed