I’m not big on petition signing but this is one that merits all of our attention.
We all know about the well publicized Taiji Dolphin Slaughter. Less well known but equally repellent is the annual slaughter of Calderon Dolphins (also known as Pilot Whales), carried out as a bizarre coming of age ritual in Denmark’s Faroe Islands. It seems that it’s an “age-old” tradition going back to the 1500’s in which teen boys, as a coming of age ritual, engage in the slaughter of hundreds of these cetaceans. It’s as barbaric as Taiji, and as senseless.
Here is a link to the petition page: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/stop-the-calderon-dolphin-slaughter-in-denmark.
And here is a link to a good discussion of the slaughter: http://globeistan.com/?p=6260
And here is a link to the Snopes Page confirming that it’s real and discussing it in some detail: http://www.snopes.com/photos/hunting/dolphinhunt.asp
I’m only going to put two photos after the jump. They’re heartbreaking.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Arsha Sellers — Today I’m One Big Step Closer to Becoming a Real Forever Dad
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed