As is not unusual, I’m the last one to the party. I don’t follow the Binibining Pilipinas situation all that closely …. In fact, other than “Major Major”, I’m not sure I’ve ever notice or been aware of anything any contestants said. But today I’ve been genuinely moved by a speech by any of the Binibining Filipinas winners–Janicel Lubino, Bb. Filipinas International, who gave her speech in the competition in Japan a few hours ago and she has caught my full attention with her heartfelt sincerity. Here is here speech — check it out.
Here wikipedia page says “From her beginnings as a kasambahay (lit. housemaid) alongside with her mother, Lubina was spotted by a make-up artist who later became her handler to join beauty pageants.”
Here she is being interviewed by Boy Abunda….she’s from Palawan.
And here’s a good story from PhilStar: Janical Lubina, a Cinderella Story
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- Arsha Sellers — Today I’m One Big Step Closer to Becoming a Real Forever Dad
- Meet Abby Sellers and Arshavin Sellers — My Wife, My Son, My Inspiration Every Day
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed