As the Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) aftermath moves from relief to recovery, one of the most obvious areas that has been devastated and needs to be addressed is the loss of virtually the entire subsistence fishing industry in the affected areas of the Visayas. But creative Filipinos in some areas have already come up with an inspired “band-aid fix” to tide them over until the fleets can be replaced. This BBC piece on the “refrigerator boat” fishermen of Tanauan is a wonderful example of making do with things that are available — and doing so creatively and with a bit of verve. Kudos to the fishermen.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- How to help save American Democracy this election year
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed
- Betty White, National Treasure, Just Turned 95; 10 Great Video Clips from 1954 until Now