FYI for anyone not aware — Eastern Samar is our province. MDS
MANILA, Philippines – Tacloban and other parts of Leyte were not the only places severely hit by Super Typhoon Yolanda.
“Eastern Samar is gone,” Rep. Ben Evardone of the province lamented yesterday as he sought emergency assistance for his home province.
Evardone made the assessment after he was able to visit even remote towns in Eastern Samar on Monday by hitching rides on helicopters and trucks.
He has helped marshal social workers, soldiers and volunteers to distribute aid to the victims, but sighs, “I really don’t know where to start. I cannot imagine the devastation that hit my province.”
As he saw the province from a helicopter, he told himself, “There is no more Eastern Samar province.”
“You cannot recognize it. The devastation was horrific,” he told reporters, his voice cracking.
Read the full story at Philippine Star
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- How to help save American Democracy this election year
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed
- Betty White, National Treasure, Just Turned 95; 10 Great Video Clips from 1954 until Now