I’m a news junkie, political junkie — the works. I feel incomplete if I don’t get a full dose of the news everyday. But I have to admit, the debt ceiling negotiations pretty much did me in — I started tuning out, I just couldn’t take it any more.
So now the debt ceiling fight is over and we can get on with “normal” news coverage of “normal” news, right? So why is it that last night was so bad I turned off Anderson Cooper. Today I went back to the DVR of last night’s show and fast forwarded through it — making notes. Here, ladies and gentleman, is the news of the world (well, for the US really) for August 3, 2011:
- Congress has bailed and gone on vacation leaving 70,000 FAA employees out of work, and costing the US $200/m a week in tax revenues paid by the airlines — over $1B by the time Congress comes back from vacation,
- Hosni Mubarak in court on a gurney in a cage,
- Videos have surfaced of the Jaycee Dugard kidnappers luring a 10 year girl old into a van, coaxing her to do splits – shot for her husbands’ gratification,
- African Famine is expanding beyond Somalia
- In the Warren Jeffs case, the Prosecution closed its case playing a 30 minute audio tape of Warren Jeffs haveing sex with a 12 year old — her “Training Sessions as a Heavenly Wife”
- Casey Anthony has been excused from returning to Orlando for probation due to threats to her security,
- Dolly Parton apologizes because someone wearing a t-shirt with LGBT slogan promoting gay marriage was forced to turn her t-shirt inside out to enter the park
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- How to help save American Democracy this election year
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed
- Betty White, National Treasure, Just Turned 95; 10 Great Video Clips from 1954 until Now