The Beatles’ arrival in America in 1964 was huge. Before they appeared on Ed Sullivan they were perceived as being somehow dangerous, with hair that was frightening long (but looks short and tidy today)…..and then there was the Ed Sullivan appearance, which I watched with completely rapt attention, sitting next to my sister and mildly disapproving parents.
CBS NEWS REPORT
This report gives good info about their arrival and their profile — and also an indication of how they were viewed negatively by what we now call the Mainstream Media:
AND HERE IS THE FIRST APPEARANCE ON ED SULLIVAN
My sister and I were glued to the television for this appearance. This was really the first piece of pop music, and the first pop mustic stars, that had actually penetrated my 11 year old indifferent attitude toward pop music.
PAUL MCCARTNEY RETURNS TO ED SULLIVAN THEATER 45 YEARS LATER
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- How to help save American Democracy this election year
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed
- Betty White, National Treasure, Just Turned 95; 10 Great Video Clips from 1954 until Now