Avatar Posts $68.3M For New Years Weekend
EDI Nielsen is reporting this morning that Avatar will earn $68.3M on this, its third weekend in release based on studio estimates on Sunday morning. There is a possibility it might go a bit higher — indeed, every other time there has been a ‘studio estimate’ the figure has been revised upward when final numbers come in. In any event — even if it isn’t revised upweard, this is a historic achievement. It also exceeds my projection of $67m for the weekend –and I had been pretty nervous that the projection was too aggressive. I guess not.
This means that Avatar has racked up the following records over the New Year’s Weekend:
- #1 All Time New Year’s Eve Gross
- #1 All Time Third Friday Gross
- #1 All Time New Year’s Day Gross
This brings Avatar’s total US Domestic Gross to $352.1M.
And with overseas taken into consideration, it has just passed the $1B mark, joining Titanic and the Dark Knight as the only other films to hit this mark.
Year of the Spy Book Trailer
Above is the Year of the Spy Book Trailer — for my upcoming non-fiction book about espionage upheavals on the streets of Moscow in 1985.
Below is a “trailer” showcasing the writing and video services I provide to clients.
Michael Sellers — Writing and Video Services
- How to help save American Democracy this election year
- What the Mueller Report Actually Says
- Remembering James Blount, an American Who “Got” the Philippines in 1901
- America the Beautiful? You Mean America the Pitiful. I Am Ashamed
- Betty White, National Treasure, Just Turned 95; 10 Great Video Clips from 1954 until Now